Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog has not pooped in 3 days. I have changed his food…

Customer Question
Hi! My dog has...

Hi! My dog has not pooped in 3 days. I have changed his food (waiting for their dog food to be delivered so I have been feeding them rice and sausage). He is 16 years old but he grew up eating those food in the last. My other dog (6 years old) is pooping fine and they ate the same thing. Is there anything I can do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Shaq

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He is used to eat this kind of food before I changed him to dog food 2 years ago. Also, I usually feed him that (rice and sausage) while we wait for their food to be delivered and he was pooping fine. He is ok though.. walking, sleeping, barking and peeping as regular.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
9/8/2017
Dog Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 1 year ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Specialist: Richard Rawling,
 replied 1 year ago

Is he straining to poop? Does he seem uncomfortable?