Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Rapid breathing from gi in her acepromazine. Gave her 1/2 of…

Customer Question
Rapid breathing from gi...

Rapid breathing from gi b in her acepromazine. Gave her 1/2 of 25 mg dose at about 1 pm today

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Kayla, 8 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kayla?

No.. She is a catahoula, 70 lbs. Gave her one 1 full dose wednesday nite around 740 pm

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Eating normal. We took a long trip to Atlanta in the car from Boca Raton, FL.
Drinking normal. Sleeping with shallow r as rapid breaths
9/8/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Denise, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Kayla.

Please help me understand your question regarding Kayla.

What time is it currently where you are?

I'm guessing the "gi b" in your first sentence a typo? Can you please clarify for me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
East coast. That was a typo.

Ok, thank you.

My sister and her dog just evacuated from Boca Raton today as well. I'm glad you are all safe.

Are you able to count her breaths? How many breaths is she taking/minute?

Did she have a similar response with her breathing after taking 25mg on Wednesday?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
76 beats per minute.
I think it was faster with the full dose vs 1/2 of the 25 mg dose
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She also went to the bathroom normally.
Will she just sleep it off? Do I wake her and let her out to get some fresh air?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same experience.