Samuel Peck
Samuel Peck,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Meadow Hill's
98574077

I have a Pom and he's been acting very strange. He seems to

I have a Pom and he's been acting very strange. He seems to have been drooling on himself and it's a yellowish discharge from his mouth. He won't let me touch his mouth much.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Niko and he's 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Niko?
Customer: He supposedly has allergies that require shots occasionally from coughing. He had a sever reaction after getting his shots one time. I came home and he had peed all over himself and was shaking.

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

To clarify, the abnormal urination / shaking episode occurred in the past after getting an injection? Not recently?

Otherwise the only current concern is the drooling and yellow discharge from his mouth? Is he currently otherwise normal right now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He's acting kind of lethargic, maybe glossy eyed. His mouth stinks bad and the fur under his chin is caked in what I'm assuming is drool. He won't let me touch his mouth much.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He's just been laying around. I have him a small piece of chicken and he struggled to eat it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?

...I'm typing, one minute... :)

This is most concerning for a dental issue, which is certainly VERY common in small breed dogs such as poms. Try to get him in to your regular vet during their next regular hours for the discharge to be examined closely. I see this type of concern commonly on my appointments, and the vast majority of the time it is pus discharge coming from an abscessed tooth - i.e. periodontal disease. Antibiotics and pain medications are prescribed, and a dental procedure is scheduled for the bad teeth to be taken care of. If this is NOT dental disease, a close oral examination will determine best recommendations.

Try to offer soft food for now, until you can get him in for his mouth to be looked at closely for dental concerns.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions about Niko, simply write me back! Otherwise, please be sure to kindly rate using the stars, so that I receive credit for helping with your question today (this is how professionals on this site are compensated for their time). Thanks! – Dr. Peck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I will do that! Thank you very much!

You are very welcome, thank you kindly for rating! :) Have a great week. - Dr. Peck.