PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I have a German Shepard, it peed ok the hardwood floor, so I

I have a German Shepard, it peed ok the hardwood floor, so I wipe ir up first then got a bucket, poured ammonia and then the rest with warm water to clean the surface.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the German shepherd?
Customer: I then went to out those towels away in the washer and didn't even think about the bowl I left out there and the area was stil drying.. I didn't see my dog drink anything or walk through the area but I'm nervous he could have
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I don't see a wound on his foot
JA: What is the German shepherd's name and age?
Customer: Ruger and 3
JA: What is the German shepherd's name?
Customer: Ruger
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your German shepherd?
Customer: No that o can think of..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I get my answer please

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Was this straight ammonia or ammonia mixed into water?
2) Are there any symptoms present such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea?
3) Is the indoor urination a regular problem for Ruger?
4) Does his breath smell like ammonia?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ammonia was mixed with water, no symptoms,
Yes recently, he will usually bark for us to let him out but recently he keeps going in the house,
We have two German sheoards so we aren't sure if our girl German Shepard is going to the bathroom inside as wellAnd no his mouth doesn't smell like ammonia

If the accidents persist, I would highly recommend a urinalysis for whomever is having accidents (or both, if you're unsure). This symptom is usually indicative of a urinary tract infection.

If his mouth does not smell like ammonia and no symptoms are present, it's quite unlikely that the ammonia water was consumed. If you do wind up seeing GI symptoms throughout the day today, feel free to use this thread again and contact me back and we can pick up our discussion where we left off with no additional charge.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy