Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.
Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.
I am sorry to hear this happened.
How much baby oil was ingested?
Baby oil itself is just mineral oil, and won't be very toxic, however it will cause severe diarrhea/laxative effect. If it has been a couple hours, it is likely it has moved into the intestine by now. I would expect some loose stool in the next 24 hours. It may look like they are incontinent as they are going to have some leaking. This will be an inconvenience and uncomfortable for about 24-48 hours, but then should go back to normal. I would give them extra fiber to try to bulk up the stool a little to help. Give about 1/4 of a cup of canned pumpkin or a teaspoon of psyllium husk powder twice daily to help for now.
the fiber may help reduce the signs that come from the oil.
If they did not vomit, it is very unlikely they will have aspirated any of it. If they begin vomiting, then there is some worry of aspiration. If the vomiting happens multiple times, a vet visit would be recommended to help stop the vomiting via injectable medication. It is most likely they will be fine besides the oil coming out and some loose stool.
You are very welcome.
I wish you and your dogs the best.
I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!