Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My female labradoodle is sneezing when she is exercised and

Customer Question

My female labradoodle is sneezing when she is exercised and also blowing out of her nose like she's got something stuck, 6 days now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Labradoodle's name?
Customer: Skylar
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Skylar?
Customer: She just finished a season
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have seen a vet locally who thought it could be kennel cough but she has never made any coughing noise and often will be fine for 8/10 hours without sneezing or blowing at all
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm concerned that something is stuck in Skylar's nose, too. Has she been in areas containing foxtails? Please see image:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure we have fox tails in the uk. However she has been walked in wooded areas, and where there is a great deal of foliage. I've tried to see into her nose but can't really see much
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've checked online and there are foxtails in uk. How can I check if that's what it is?

You do and you also have other plant awns that find their way into our dogs' nose. I would scope Skylar's nose after lightly anesthetizing him. Caretakers can't see far enough up the nose. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I should ask my vet to check this hen. I'll do that thank you

Sounds good. You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Update: vet today said that her nose is fine and that if something has gone up there there would be pus and infection by now. Also it would bother her indoors and she's sleeping all night with no issue. He thinks more likely allergy or irritant so we have anti histamines to try

Thank you for the good update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?