Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 8 month old puppy hurt my 4 week old puppy pretty bad she

Customer Question

My 8 month old puppy hurt my 4 week old puppy pretty bad she didn't mean to do it she was playing to rough hot her and now she can't move her back legs and seems to be having a hard time breathing, this happened last night
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Gloria
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gloria?
Customer: She has some bite wounds on her neck head and belly, I don't know if she picked her up and shook her or tryed to carry her
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Does the down pup have any movement or feeling in her back legs?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?