Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog at a porkrib bone yesterday. His stool was today

Customer Question
My dog at a...

My dog at a porkrib bone yesterday. His stool was white today which I've never seen before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Norman is a ch/terrier mix and weighs 10 lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your terrier?

He was seen about ten days ago and the vet thought he might have a pancreace upset. Gave him a shot and some antibiotics, other than that he was fine. He also was attract yesterday by a pit bull dog but fought him off and rAn him away. Seemed a little sore in the evening. This happened after the porkrib episode.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the pit's name?

Her name is Nova. She is a neighbors dog and had jumped the fence. They have two pits that look just alike, one male, one female.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog
8/5/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has he had a pancreatitis episode before?

Was the stool firm or liquid?

Can you share pictures of the stool?

Was the bone cooked or raw?

Possibly once about ten days ago when I took him to vet because he just didn't feel well. His stool was firm but white. The bone was cooked. He's eating and drink as normal, just a little lethargic and quite. Did have fight with pit bull yesterday.

Can you share pictures of the stool?

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian