Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

After a trip to dog park. He was shaking but wouldn't or

Customer Question

After a trip to dog park. He was shaking but wouldn't or couldn't lay down finally did but don't know if he hurt his leg or hip running
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rocco. Two years old. Very high energy is exercised every day walks a h the dog park. He loves to chase and run
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocco?
Customer: No just that he is usually the dog who loves to run
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Rocco, please?

Yes, shaking and restlessness usually indicate pain but we'll need more symptoms - lameness, licking at an area, swelling, e.g. - in order to localize from where the pain is arising.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No licking. Walking slowly. It doesn't seem to be paw.

Thank you for the additional information. Soft tissue injury - sprain or strain, perhaps. You can see how aspirin dosed at 10 mg per pound of body weight with food at 12 hour intervals affects Rocco. You must avoid the toxic ibuprofen and naproxen. Acetaminophen is OK at 7 mg per pound of body weight (15 mg per kg of body weight) thrice daily but isn't antiinflammatory as is aspirin. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's all I need thank you.

You're welcome.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?