Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

Dog woke up this morning and is having trouble standing from a sitting position. She is also a little unsteady of her

Customer Question
She woke up this...

She woke up this morning and is having trouble standing from a sitting position. She is also a little unsteady of her feet however she has an appitite and had gone potty

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Ryeleigh and she is 3 1/2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ryeleigh?

I took her to my vet and he said she is over weight and it's putting strain on her joints but it happened overnight so I don't believe it I feel something else is wrong

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
8/2/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What breed of dog is Ryeleigh?

Did your vet perform any diagnostics such as x-rays?

Can you share a video showing what you're seeing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is a mix Germain Sheppard/Lab
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He did not do X-rays he gave pain meds

What medication was given?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The medicine is carprofen and I will try to get a video.

Are you seeing any improvement on the carprofen thus far?

I'll stand by for video.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just saw vet 2 hrs ago and gave meds an hour ago but no improvement yet. I also uploaded a video but the send will not let me send to you

It will take longer for the medication to work than one hour, unfortunately.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like Imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If this does not work and you’d prefer to text them directly to my cell phone, let me know. There is an additional charge for this, but it can make the job of sending pictures or video much more simple. Just let me know what works for you. I’ll be standing by.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much is it to text them directly to you?

I've submitted the offer. Remember, youtube is free. Whatever is most convenient for you works for me.