Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

IV got a 12 and a half year old husky, I have noticed she…

Customer Question
Hi, IV got a...

Hi, IV got a 12 and a half year old husky, I have noticed she has started to fall on her front paws and is really wobbly, you can see her head shacking or wobbling when she is active.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the Husky's name?

Roxy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxy?

We have had her back to the vets almost every month for the last year as she has incontinence, smells fishy and her anal glands fill really quickly

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog
8/2/2017
Dog Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have any diagnostics for this concern been performed, such as x-rays of the neck and spine?

Is she on any oral medication or supplementation?

She has had blood tests carried out, we have been giving medication to put on her food, she gets her anul glands emptied every month and it is starting to get really uncomfortable for her. they get a handful every time they empty them. I'm thinking of changing vets now.
in 2008 she had a phantom pregnancy and got really ill. we took her to the vets and they thought she had been poisoned. they did a number of tests and found out he uterus had erupted and spread an infection throughout her body. she had surgery and medication and finally recovered, although she has never been the same again.

When were the blood tests performed?

Were any x-rays performed?

What medication is she receiving?

When did these symptoms start?