Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My roughly thirteen year old rot mix just had a seizure,

Customer Question
My roughly thirteen year...

My roughly thirteen year old rot mix just had a seizure, lasted no more than two minute, she peed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Zoe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoe?

She is a rescue dog I got her about twelve years ago and they speculated that she may have been two years old...She has never had a seizure before, she has no real health issues other than her age...she has some warts that may be age related

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
8/2/2017
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

Hello,,

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry that you were alarmed with Zoe's seizure.

To help her, please put her in a Darkened quiet room. Seizures can be brought on by noises, light and other factors. We want to keep Zoe quiet tonight. She will need to see the Vet in the morning to be checked out. Seizures can come in clusters or you may not see one again, so it is important to have some blood work and an exam done to try and determine if there is a medical reason for the seizure or if it was a random idiopathic seizure. If a seizure lasts over 3 mins you need to have her into the ER.This is soem information on Seizures: This site is very informative about Canine Epilepsy: http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

How is Zoe doing today? I wanted to check in and see if she was seen by the Vet today. Please let me know.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech