PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 5 lb multipoo may of ate maybe a couple of 2mg Nicorette

Customer Question

my 5 lb multipoo may of ate maybe a couple of 2mg Nicorette lozenges the tiny ones
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the Maltipoo will be able to digest that. What is the Maltipoo's name and age?
Customer: Tucker and 9 months old
JA: What is the Maltipoo's name?
Customer: Tucker
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tucker?
Customer: no
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he just through up 3 tablets. he seems fine now ?? lTucker is laying down now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Do you know how long ago the lozenges were consumed?

Can you share a link to the exact product that was consumed?

Do you know if he consumed any additional lozenges?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know for sure but he threw up 3 2 mg mini lozenges he seems fine now..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not 32 3 of 2mg Nicorette mini lozenges
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They weren't dissolved quite yet he threw up about 5 minutes after consuming

We do considered these types of ingestions a potential for toxicity. Without knowing how many lozenges that Tucker consumed, I would urge you to go to the ER overnight for good measure. Nicotine toxicity is a risk if he consumed the lozenges and they were even partially absorbed. Based on the info shared, it sounds like the potential exists for him to have additional lozenges in his system which may still be absorbed. You can learn more here: http://www.greenbrier-emergency.com/nicotine-toxicity-in-pets/ Thankfully, I do not see xylitol in the ingredient panel, so there's one less concern for the long-term effects of this ingestion but I cannot tell you that Tucker is not at risk of a major health concern given the ingestion and his size. I would err on the side of caution and visit an ER facility overnight.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Tucker doing?