PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog got into my Smirnoff ice 5.8% alcohol beverage, I

Customer Question

Hi! My dog got into my Smirnoff ice 5.8% alcohol beverage
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: I just want to make sure he will b ok
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: He's not hurt
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He drank a tiny drop of alcohol
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: He's a multipoo and is 13 weeks old
JA: What is the Maltipoo's name?
Customer: Ben
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's emergency like pls answer quickly
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'm sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is Ben acting at this time? Was this only 1 drop of the beverage?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just a little lick like not a lot, he's been acting normal I'm just a bit paranoid

If he's been acting normal, chances are this is not going to be a major concern. We usually see effects within 60 minutes of ingestion. This often occurs when dogs consume undiluted liquor, rubbing alcohol, liquid medications with an alcohol base, etc. You can learn more here: https://www.vetary.com/dog/condition/alcohol-poisoning I would keep a very close eye on him and be sure that his demeanor does not change. If it does, he needs to see your vet promptly. Feed and water normally during this time and watch for symptoms to develop such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, drunken staggering, etc. My expectation is that no symptoms will arise and he will be just fine since such a small amount was consumed and so long ago.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800