Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

Second opinion] He has a bloated stomach but acting normal

Customer Question

Second opinion] He has a bloated stomach but acting normal don't have a temperature and he is taking whipworm medication and tonight I gave him flea medicine with the whipworm medicine i dont know what to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 9 weeks and boomer
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Boomer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** and I would like to assist with your concern today. Please ignore the request for the phone call that appears as the website generates this automatically. We can continue talking in the chat format. Is your puppy still eating?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he is

There are a few causes of bloating in young puppies. One is if they have over eaten or drank too much. Puppies often look bloated after they eat and can be uncomfortable when their belly is felt. Has the bloating been on and off or is he constantly bloated for days?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Constantly bloated

Ok, the whipworms also will causing bloating in puppies. Puppies are difficult to treat and do not always full resolve for months. What medication did you give him so far?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Emily