Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I was just wondering if one or two onion rings on a burger

Customer Question

Hi i was just wondering if one or two onion rings on a burger my dog ate without me knowing is going to hurt her ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lilly and 5
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Lilly
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lilly?
Customer: She was a resuce so she is use to eating everything
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 2 months ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try and help you with Lilly. How much does Lilly weigh and how long ago did she eat them? Also, was it just 2 small rings of onion?

Onions can cause changes to the red blood cells, resulting in anemia, but I need to try and calculate her dose. It sounds like a small amount!