Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Swollen anus but it's circumf erentially and had never had

Customer Question

Swollen anus but it's circumf erentially and had never had issues with her glands. She's not scooting. She's been licking it all day yesterday and i wonder if it was irritated and she licked it and made it worse. I have her a trazadone today so she hopefully leave it alone today. I can see my vet tomorrow, but I'm leaving on vacation on Friday. Any ideas?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Digest what? The trazadone is her script cuz of fire works. Tasha
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She's 2. She's an australian cattle dog
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your Aussie having this problem with her anus. This could be an infection or an allergic reaction. It does sound irritated.

You can try applying a little cortisone ointment such as Cortaid, and keeping her from licking it for a few minutes until it is absorbed. That may help with swelling and irritation.

I am glad you are getting her checked by your veterinarian tomorrow, in case she needs antibiotics. Please let me know what other questions you may have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is she doing? Please let me know if my answer was helpful and what other questions you may have.