Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My doxie's tail is swollen at the base. The area is about an

Customer Question

My doxie's tail is swollen at the base. The area is about an inch long. It doesn't seem like the area is painful/uncomfortable and he is not licking or scratching. And there has not been a recent trauma.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ralph and he is 11. He is an inside dog. So he hasn't had recent flea med and does not currently have any fleas
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ralph?
Customer: He's a miniature and is about 9 lbs. He is healthy and happy and is not acting oddly.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you please share a picture of what you're seeing?