Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

She is taking vetmedin, Salix, enalipril, sildenfil. The first

Customer Question

She is taking vetmedin, Salix, enalipril, sildenfil. The first couple days the diaheria was really bad. Started a very bland diet along with pumpkin if I could get her to eat it. She has become a very picky eater. It's been 3 days and she hasn't pooped. Her stomach isn't hard. What should I give her to loosen things up and hopefully don't start all over again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cozy, she is also a epi pup at 10 years and is taking zonisamide also.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Nope
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I wouldn't be overly worried about her not going from a constipation respect. It can take time for a more solid stool to build up to need to be passed after a bout of diarrhea and being more picky with eating. I would expect some stools in the next few days as the stools get built up and need to be passed. As long as breathing is good and the appetite is picking up, time most likely is the best thing for the stools to be passing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?