PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I noticed my dog is spotting blood from his penis he's a

Customer Question

I noticed my dog is spotting blood from his penis he's a cane corso bull mastiff mix he's 7 and not neutered
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bear
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bear?
Customer: No he's always been pretty healthy he has been playing tug.of war with a spare tire tied to a rope alot more then usual and swimming in the pool
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Any obvious blood in the urine?

Any intact females around him of which you're aware?

Any potential to breed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok

Any obvious blood in the urine?

Any potential to breed?

I'm sorry, I am not able to offer a call at this time. I'll be happy to help you online, though. Can you answer the questions above?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No females no blood in the urine no pictures

Thank you for the additional info. The best approach is going to be an examination by a veterinarian. They will likely want to run a urinalysis for good measure to rule out a urinary tract infection and may also recommend bloodwork, x-rays and potentially an ultrasound based on what they find. Intact male dogs are prone to prostatic issues, as well, which may involve difficulty or pain urinating or defecating in the near future, if this might be what is wrong. The treatment will depend on what is diagnosed during the examination but may range from a course of antibiotics to neutering to referral to a specialist.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Checking in. How is Bear today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy