Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 11 week old beagle puppy was accidentally choked by its

Customer Question

my 11 week old beagle puppy was accidentally choked by its collar yesterday afternoon and was showing signs of shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, extending the neck to breath. She looked very weak. I kept a close eye on her throughout the night and she is doing better but still has quick rapid breathing. What could this be a sign of?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the beagle's name?
Customer: Lucy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the beagle?
Customer: nothing so far
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this accident with Lucy. That is good that she's doing better at this time. Is she able to lay down and rest for the most part comfortably? Has she ate and drank here today?