Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog had teeth cleaned yesterday and had some extracted.

Customer Question

Hi my dog had teeth cleaned yesterday and had some extracted. She is 12 years old - since I got her ho,e she is breathing strangely almost like wheezing. Is this normal post dental surgery
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: Also she keeps gagging
JA: Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Not coughing more wheezing Marco
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: It is like she is snoring when awake never did that before - I am giving pain meds to her
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dwight Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Do you know which teeth were pulled? Are there holes in her gums from where the teeth are missing?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you