Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 55 pound almost 1-year-old dog may have taken half of a

Customer Question

My 55 pound almost 1-year-old dog may have taken half of a phentermine this morning I gave her peroxide and made her puke she was acting fine just don't know how much could've been absorbed if she was chewing it up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: The reason I think she took it is because I got distracted when I went to take them and had to set them down and I don't know if I took them or if she took them but I know they were gone
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: So to be safe I gave her peroxide and she puked a bunch so I'm sure none was absorbed from her stomach I just don't know if any was absorbed or early when she actually chewed them up
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: If she chewed them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Chewy
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 10 days ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

How long ago did she have access to the pills?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I saw pills were gone. Looked around. Dog had access. And I induced vomiting all within 15 min.
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 6 days ago.

Apologies for the late reply, I have been away over the weekend. How is she now?