Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
97381174

I adopted my chihauhau two months ago. She is female, age

Customer Question

I adopted my chihauhau two months ago. She is female, age about four. Today, her stomach made loud gurgling noises. She wasn't interested in dinner. She seems to want to go out to potty, but I am not seeing much production. She was interested in receiving some treats (given for various reasons). Her energy level appears to be "normal".
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Charlotte
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlotte?
Customer: As of yesterday, she began balking when taking walks with me: overall, it is seeming to me that when she gets a bit far from home, she doesn't want to move one. If I carry her for a bit, and talk to her, she slowly begins to explore and walk. WHen we turn to go HOME she is a happy camper: tail high, steps prancing. Also, she has been with me for two months. I have been bringing her to work and keeping her secluded (from my clientele) in her crate in a separate area. The past few days, she has had more contact with clientele- sitting with them, appearing to like the contact. Now, I am wondering if she (being a rescue buddy) didn't know how to object and is now over stimulated and just anxious.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Charlotte has been having some loud gurgling noises in the abdomen lately and did not eat tonight. I am curious to know if this has ever happened before or if it is the first time?

Also, you may receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically offered by the website, but you do not have to accept it. I can not stop the offer from being made, but I am able to answer your question with the chat box only if you prefer it.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry