Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

He is a 7.9 MultiPomand has be vomiting hourly for the last

Customer Question

He is a 7.9 kilo MultiPomand has be vomiting hourly for the last 8 hours. He not prone to dodging or eating odd things so this is very out of character. I am wondering based on your advice for other dogs whether I could give him Maxon and is so what does for his weight. I have prescription medication for Maxolon here at the moment. I'm in Sydbey and Australia and will take him to the vet in the morning. It's 4:30am AEST. I would love your advice as he is really miserable. Thank you Kathy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Kathy eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. His name is Archie (I'm Kathy). He turn 4 yesterday and did have barbecue chicken with out the skin as a treat. He has had this before and I have a second Multipom who ate chicken as week and Zara isn't sick at all.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Archie?
Customer: No. In the interim is there a low dose of Maxolon I could give Archie?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Kathy, when dosed as an antiemetic, metoclopramide (Maxolon) can be safely dosed at 0.2 - 0.5 mg/kg every 6-8 hours. Practically speaking that would be equivalent to 2 - 4 mg every 6-8 hours for Archie. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you I wil give him 2 mg of Maxolon and see if that helps. Thank you for helping me and of course little Archie

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?