PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog cut the inside of her mouth, what can I do to treat

Customer Question

My dog cut the inside of her mouth, what can I do to treat it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No but it's swollen
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nala?
Customer: She's a pit bull and she's otherwise healthy and happy
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How did this cut occur?

Can you share pics?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have metal roofing on my fence to prevent her from biting through the wood fence and she pulled on it. Here's pictures

This looks far past just a cut, this looks to be abscessed. Can you share pics of the cut itself and not the swelling from the outside of the mouth?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll try
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She won't let me do it

At this point, I think your best bet would be through a veterinary examination. She truly need antibiotics. This area looks to be grossly swollen and likely abscessed. I would try to have her examined tomorrow morning, at the latest, since antibiotics are not OTC items and require a prescription to obtain.