PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog has festered foxtail in paw cant afford the vet

Customer Question

my dog has festered foxtail in paw cant afford the vet 600.00 I wish I could but that is not my situation I went to the feed store have antibiotics and am puliing the ones I can get too ,Epson salt soak .the sad thing is I rescued him out of a orchard when puppy had survived parvo which then I was able for vet and he helps me wyth my bi polar.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: brixton
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about brixton?
Customer: as far as himself he is well hes just little over a year and a kookerhound
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have you looked in to financial aid options?

If the foxtail remains in his paw, the antibiotics and soaks will help but won't completely solve the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tried care credit was not approved
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no thankyou

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days for updates on your companion to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. Letting me know how your companion is doing would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Brixton today?