Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She's had a ton of seizures yesterday, and now she's just

Customer Question

She's had a ton of seizures yesterday, and now she's just been unresponsive and shaking for about 6 hours
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chloe, she's about 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?
Customer: Her father has seizures from time to time
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing now with her being unresponsive and shaking?
Is she under veterinary treatment for the seizures? If so, what?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She is not under treatment, and it won't allow me to add files

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If it fails to load, the files are likely too large. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. I’ll be standing by.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
https://youtu.be/6mxqZUEP2g8

One moment.

I think you've reached a point that you've done what you can at home with observation. She truly needs to be examined and treated by a veterinarian tonight. There are a great number of factors that might be playing in right now including brain tumors, toxins, organ dysfunction, seizures having caused her temperature to spike to an unsafe level causing brain damage, etc. As well, if her father has seizures, this is likely an inherited disorder. With the heavy volume of seizures you witnessed yesterday she likely qualifies to be placed on oral medication to prevent seizure activity in the future, but examination, diagnostics and treatment must occur first. Your vet will likely want to start with bloodwork this evening, at very least, as well as IV fluids and anti-convulsant medication. They will observe her behavior and determine if the state she's in can be alleviated. Depending on her responsiveness, they may recommend hospitalization for a few days. Be aware that depending on the cause of her current condition the vet may well also discuss euthanasia with you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't have money for that, is there anything else I can do?

Have you looked into financial aid options? She needs medical care.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I havent, I dont know where to begin?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm only 19, does this matter?

So far as I know they determine eligibility based on the pet's need.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't even have a way to get her to any vet

You may need to consider a mobile vet coming to you, then.

If worse comes to worst, you may need to consider surrendering her to animal control. They will likely euthanize her, but it will be a way for you to guarantee that she will not suffer.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days for updates on your companion to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. Letting me know how your companion is doing would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800