PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My dog doing good First arrived our home at 8 week then 6

Customer Question

My dog doing good First arrived our home at 8 week then 6 month he gotten wet poop 😞We feed pumpkin it work then now he doing good in morning and noon but at night wet poop almost week what could it be wet in brown I had to go out buy dog scooper forget mention I try breast chicken boiled mix in work but night wet. He is now 1 year old I feed him since 1 cup a day three time I know 2 now but since it one cup I keep 3 meal day .
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rocky
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?
Customer: No
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It sounds like your companion is having diarrhea.

When was his last vet visit?
Have they performed a fecal exam yet? If so, when was the last one?
Am I understanding correctly that this has been an issue for 6 months?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He first arrive our home 8 week he got wet poop due to new change of foods but got better then at 6 month age he got wet poop again called vet they said feed him pumpkin to get his stool back normal it work now he 1 year old been 5 day today night wet poop only
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He got fever in feb they did physical check everything said he all good just fever

Did they perform a fecal examination at that time? Any bloodwork?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think that one no

It would be worthwhile since he's not responding to the pumpkin to schedule some diagnostics with your vet. At very least, he could benefit from a fecal examination and parasite screen. Your vet may also recommend a culture and sensitivity and bloodwork. A course of antibiotics like metronidazole and a broad spectrum dewormer like drontal would be worthwhile, as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Heklo
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Alright

Did you see my reply above? Here it is again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fecal examine do I need bring in his poop?

They will likely obtain a fresh sample during the visit. Fresh is best.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating.

I will also check in with you over the next few days for updates on your companion to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. Letting me know how your companion is doing would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm deaf can't talk on the phone.

The website offers calls to everyone. There's no need to accept.

Checking in. How is Rocky?