PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I spilled beer and my dog licked a little up before I could

Customer Question

I spilled beer and my dog licked a little up before I could clean it all. She threw up & is bobbing her head without my assistance. She's walking a little off as well. Should we take her to the emergency vet?!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: I don't think so, we got her fixed like three months ago? And she just turned one.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 4 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It sounds like your girl is experiencing the effects of alcohol poisoning. We become concerned about symptoms such as you're seeing as well as disorientation, low body temperature, seizures, cardiac failure and death. I would absolutely head to the ER immediately. Do you need assistance finding a location?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not sure what to do. She's been sleeping for a while now & pops her head up like normal if I get up to walk out of the room. She hasn't thrown up again?

You won't be wrong seeking veterinary attention this evening given the risks. If you choose not to go, she needs to have someone watching her closely until morning in case the symptoms worsen.

Checking in. How is your companion?