Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I am getting a dog from a breeder, who just informed me that

Customer Question
the puppy's Mom accidently rolled...
I am getting a dog from a breeder, who just informed me that the puppy's Mom accidently rolled on her or something and the puppy lost conscious and did not breath for about 5 minutes she thought. The breeder got the puppy breathing again. Will the puppy have brain damage ? Will she be ok ? Thank you
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: its only 3 days old . we are not picking her up until 7/6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: No, I don't think so. Just a 3 day old puppy accidently suffocated by her mother and was out / not breathing for 5 minutes
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog
5/9/2017
Dog Specialist: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There is no way at this time to know if this puppy has suffered any permanent damage but you will have at least 6 weeks to know if the puppy is functioning normally. If this puppy will act normal with normal growth patterns and able to suckle and play with the other siblings, then this is a good sign that this damage was temporary and he is able to come out of it. If the puppy has difficulties, this will be apparent in only a week or less. The breeder, who I am assuming is honest, will have to make that determination and an independant veterinarian should examine this puppy prior to paying for her.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian