PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My sister put DOGMD advanced 2 on my dog as she had a tick.

My sister put DOGMD advanced 2 on my dog as she had a tick. When I read the ingredients and directions it turns out to be for fleas..not ticks. Should I try to shampoo it off or what
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rory she id a 8 year old Irish Terrier Poodle.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rory?
Customer: No

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a link to the product that was applied?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DOGMD...
maximum defense
ADVANCED 2 ..................this was applied as directed for fleas. Rory does not have fleas but did have a tick and my sister rushed out and bought the wrong product and when I read the directions upon arriving home I was concerned.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should I shampoo the dog ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How long do I have to wait for an answer? I have an appointment.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When can I expect an answer?

The reason I asm asking about the link for the product is to see if there's any reason you cannot leave it on her. If it was applied for fleas and she had no other flea prevention used, it should be able to stay on her. If you can provide a link, this would help greatly. I am finding that the company makes a wide variety of products and the ones I see are made for both fleas AND ticks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK thanks....I will leave it on her/

Certainly.