Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I recently became a care taker for my grandpa and his dogs

Customer Question

i recently became a care taker for my grandpa and his dogs were not taken care of properly for years. I went to cut the matted hair on one and found that her private area is swollen and protruding badly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: havent seen any blood yet
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: suzi and around 10-13
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about suzi?
Customer: shes a small dog i believe a yorkie
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Do you know if Suzi is spayed?

Any discharge or changes in her urination?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.