Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

She ate some chocolate with marijuana, She is 11 years old

Customer Question

She ate some chocolate with marijuana
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: She is 11 years old and weighs about 30 lbs
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Maggie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Maggie?
Customer: No what should I do she is having trouble walking and is just laying here with me
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid the $19 please let me know what to do I am away from home and 2 hours from my vet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anyone there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long do I have to wait to get an answer? I was told you would answer right away
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please answer my question I do not know what to do.....
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that you had to wait so long for an answer....if the chocloate was milk chocolate, it would take a large amount to cause a chocolate toxicity. Let me know how much chocolate Maggie may have ingested and what type of chocolate. It is hard to know how much THC from the marijauna Maggie may have ingested and this can be toxic to her. Since it has been so long, the effects may have started to wear off. For now, give her Pepto Bismol 1 tablespoon every 8 hrs until you can get her to your vet. This wil help calm down her digestive tract until your vet can examine her. Answer my questions if you can and that may help....

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****