Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is wobbly, walking into walls, having a hard time…

Customer Question
My dog is wobbly...

My dog is wobbly, walking into walls, having a hard time walking, not eating and my vet can't see him until tomorrow. Not sure if I should wait

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Nothing noticable

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Mikko and about 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mikko?

Glaucoma in both eyes, one is worse than the other, and it looks like its gotten worse over the last few days

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
2/2/2017
Dog Specialist: Chelsea Pulter, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Chelsea Pulter
Chelsea Pulter, Veterinarian

Hello, I am Dr. Pulter. I will try my best to help you. Please give me a minute to type up a response.

I am sorry about Mikko. With the signs you are describing it is concerning for neurologic disease. We cannot rule out other causes such as if now Mikko is completely blind if he wasn't before, this can be a difficult period for a dog. They will need to get used to this which can take a little while. Since I do not have an exam on your pet I cannot provide a diagnosis or treatment plan.

With this in mind, any neurological disease can quickly become worse if not intervened quickly. I would advise that you try to have Mikko evaluated sooner. Please reply with any further questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Chelsea Pulter