Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My Cavalier Kinf Spaniel has always snored and panted but

Customer Question

My Cavalier Kinf Charles Spaniel has always snored and panted but not he is 6 years old and drooling while laying in my lap, sometimes on the floor but not at sleep. Problem? We just saw our vet for constipation and refusal to eat but he saw nothing wrongand Rusty has reverted to normal eating and bowel movements.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the spaniel. What is the spaniel's name?
Customer: Rusty has been lazy since he was 4.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rusty?
Customer: He weighs 23#,, a little overweight and interrupts our walks by sitting outside his friends home until we visit or I say "no visit." This is Texas and I watch for overheating. He was energetic at the dog park util a mastiff malled him last year on our walk. He is just now able to walk past that house.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How long has this been going on? Is it continuous, or at certain times of day? How do his teeth look?