Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

She vomitting green bile and not very active JA: I'm sorry

She vomitting green bile and not very active
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I dont think so ! She is a puppy and very curios lol
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Dixie and 5 months old golden retriever
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dixie?
Customer: We have 3 other dogs and none of them have been sick She is always very active and happy

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Dixie's situation with her vomiting. I need to ask some questions. How long ago did she start vomiting? When was her last vomit? Has she been to your vet for her puppy vaccines?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She started vomiting yesterday she is up to date with her shots and i have given her water a couple of times but she hasnt eaten anything

Thank you for answering those. When did she start vomiting yesterday? How often is she vomiting? When did she last vomit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I dont have enough money to talk on phone ! Sorry can u just give me some kind of solution to help her please
She vomits about the size of a dinner plate. On the floor

Sorry about the prompt for the phone call. That is something that I can't do. Can you answer the previous questions? When did she first vomit yesterday? How often is she vomiting? When did she last vomit? You said she is up to date with her shots - How many sets of vaccines did she get by your vet (did they do them and not the breeder)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She started vomiting about noon and has been sick about 8 times and its our vet that we use for all our dogs

That is great that her vaccines were done by your regular vet. I always am trying to find this information out as some owners have young dogs that are "up to date on vaccines" as they are told by the breeder and done by the breeder. This is where a lot of things can be off. How long ago did she last vomit? How long ago did she last drink that little bit of water?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She just vomitted 10 min ago and i gaveher water half an hr ago i guess i didnt realize not to give her anything

Ok. This is one of those situations where there are a number of possible issues. Could she have eaten something that hasn't agreed with her? Could she have eaten something that is stuck? Could there be something infectious? At my ER, we've seen a few cases of young dogs suddenly having vomiting and diarrhea with no specific diagnosis - x-rays, blood work, parvo testing, et... all come back negative. Those cases have responded well to supportive care. This is one of those situations where obviously the best thing to do is to call your vet to get her in this morning so they can check her over. They can see if they can try something simple (if cost is the big issue) like some anti-nausea medication and fluid under the skin. This may be enough in mild gastritis cases. At home, there isn't a lot an owner can do there but pull food and water for 6 hours to see if that lets the stomach settle.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok ill call the vet now thank u

They will be able to check her over and get things going to hopefully get her feeling back to normal. I'm hoping for the best for her!

.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?