Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I had water damage in my house and they had to remove the

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: I had water damage in my house and they had to remove the hardwood flooring to dry things out. How safe is it for my dog to walk on?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She has been at the kennel since this morning so she has not yet been exposed. I am just trying to decide if I should leave her at the kennel or if it's ok to bring her home. Thanks!
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Chanel and she is 10 years old.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chanel?
Customer: no she is health and happy--it is just this particular situation
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What surface would she be walking on?

Can you share pics of the flooring now?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can try to send photos

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like tinypic.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them.