Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

She is acting sporatic, my brothers found her covered in burrs

Customer Question

She is acting sporatic, my brothers found her covered in burrs on her face, she then ate half a pot of dirt containing a redwood sapling, twigs and I found some throwup with grass in it. i gave her fresh water and she had a little but not a lot, and she is breathing a little audibly
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bailey she is 2
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bailey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bailey?
Customer: she has a contact allergy on her feet and i gave her a small 10mg clairitin yesterday to try to ease the itching
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 months ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you elaborate on "acting sporatic" for me, please? A change in mentation (mental status) is suggested and which also would explain Bailey's pica - ingestion of non-food items. While this is necessarily conjecture, I wonder if Bailey suffered a seizure and uncontrollably rolled in the burrs.

May I have an update on Bailey, please?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?