Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She ate weeds on the alley where we live. She's eaten this

Customer Question

She ate weeds on the alley where we live. She's eaten this plant for the 3 yrs I've had her. Blu Heeler. 4yrs. Tonight she started acting unusual. I took video. She was panting & her blood pressure had to be low. Her eyes were dialated. Also had a type of "cough". This occurred 7pm. Then outta no where she started playing with me. Running after ball, etc. Took her out to peepee, leashed an hour ago. Also grabbed handful of weeds. Now she's lethargic, eyes dialated slightly. She's drinking water. But calm. What to do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Silhouette, aka Silo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about aka?
Customer: No, just easier to call her back to me.
Category: Dog
Expert:  DrBridget replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** and I am a small animal veterinarian. I am reviewing your question to formulate an answer. Do you mind answering a few more questions so I can get a better history on Silo? How is she doing now? Do you have a photo of the plants that she ate?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Dr. Bridget, TY 4 your concern. However I needed an answer at the time. I sought other help for Silo that night. She's fine now. Yes, I had photos of plants at the time. This was not an issue that could wait for days. She was sick!Getting a better history on Silo is totally unnecessary at this point. After this, I doubt I'll ever use this service again. Thanks anyway. I hope my response is not chargeable!!