Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He was walking by the bay and started to eat something

Customer Question

He was walking by the bay and started to eat something before I could stop him, I did see some fishing line around him, but not in his mouth, people fish at this spot. I open him mouth and could not see anything, just worry. But no other signs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes ,
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No I did not see any wounds on his feet,
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

At this point you have no reason to believe that he's consumed anything that may be life threatening. If there is a concern, you should begin seeing vomiting, diarrhea, an avoidance of food and water, etc. If this happens, you'll need to have him in to see your vet promptly. If, by chance, he did consume fishing line and it makes it through the GI tract and you find some hanging from his back end, do NOT pull. Trim this and allow it to pass naturally as he defecates. If you pull, you are apt to cause more issues.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was not worry about the line, I was worry if he got a hook, I did not see what he was eating
And what signs to look for if he had gotten a hook.

Same thing as listed above, even if this was line, food, a deceased animal, a hook, etc.