Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 3.5 yr old shih tzu that has started twitching. We

Customer Question

I have a 3.5 yr old shih tzu that has started twitching. We have been battling fleas and have given him 3 baths last week with medicated shampoo. One dose of the flea liquid that goes on his back and added a flea collar. I put ear mite medicine in his ears tonight. We do not see any fleas on him. His doesn't appear to b in pain at all.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: meds were over the counter and for his weight
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He's finally sleeping now. looks very relaxed

If he wakes and the twitching continues, please send a video along so that I may help you further.