Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

He ate some dinotefuran roach bait,hes a puppy, He hasnt had

Customer Question

He ate some dinotefuran roach bait,hes a puppy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: King
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about King?
Customer: He hasnt had his shots,we actually have an appointment tomorrow, but right now he ate some of that roach bait and hes being rather weird, hes just falling asleep.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. How much does King weigh? How old is he? Do you have a feeling as to how much of the roach bait he may have eaten?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Dr. Bruce, King is about 5 weeks old, and weighs about 5 lbs, I believe he may have ate like about 4-5 bead size roach baits
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the roach bait.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there?

Ok. Dinotefuran is used currently in some topical flea products for dogs and cats - the one that comes to mind is Vectra. So it has a safety range that has been established for its use. When it is used in the topical products, it isn't being ingested. So there is where some things may be different. Can you take a picture of the table that is cut off on the bottom for me? How long ago did the ingestion happen?