Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 32-lb beagle tore into a bag of flour and a bag of sugar.

Customer Question

My 32-lb beagle tore into a bag of flour and a bag of sugar. It does
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the beagle?
Customer: Sorry, that posted before I finished typing.
JA: Where does the beagle seem to hurt?
Customer: He ate sugar and raw flour. It doesn't look like he ate too much, but is recover in from a vomiting episode yesterday.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if the beagle will be able to digest that. What is the beagle's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he's about 9.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Eddie?
Customer: He is currently bring treated for back pain with methocarbamol and Prednisone. I've noticed an increased and more aggressive appetite.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

A small amount of flour and sugar should not cause your companion any harm. Typically we see vomiting and perhaps also some diarrhea with small consumptions of raw baking products. You're likely seeing the increased appetite due to the prednisone. Increased food and water consumption are quite common with steroids.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800