Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

She gave birth a week ago and her shelling box is in another

Customer Question

She gave birth a week ago and her shelling box is in another room. She wants to come back into the bedroom with us. Can I move her shelling box in here?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sorry helping! Auto correct
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She's 3
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I imagine you meant whelping :)

You may place her box any place you see fit where she and the babies will be the most comfortable. If this is where she prefers to be and you don't mind it, moving the box to the bedroom is entirely safe.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you. How is your companion doing today?