Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

Sometimes he rolls on the floor and cries like he is in pain

Customer Question

sometimes he rolls on the floor and cries like he is in pain and gets upset when we touch a certain spot on his stomach. he is not eating very much and just has small and very soft stools.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: scruffy about 8 years
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: scurffy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about scurffy?
Customer: they have done all kinds ot test and everything comes back normal
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

What breed is he? Is he avoiding jumping up or down from furniture or avoiding stairs?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
papillon no he dosent
Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

He doesn't jump, or he doesn't avoid jumping? I am not able to do a phone call now. Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he is not wanting to eat . he is a papillon
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no vomiting he still jumps on bed and couch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you still there? they charged my account for 14.00 dollars and 5.00 dollars why is this?
Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, as I mentioned above there may be slight delays. I am here.

Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

I do not know what the website does regarding charges, I am only the vet. So her only symptoms are lack of appetite, crying, and rolling on her back?

Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, "he". What does he weigh?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
15lbs
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is a boy. he has small loose stools and has had some fresh blood around them
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he has had all kinds of test and everything comes back normal., even had a ct scan.
Expert:  Ann M. replied 9 months ago.

Okay, that's quite a difference from what the question originally stated! Sounds like this is a gastrointestinal issue. I would give 20mg of Prilosec once daily and I would give a human probiotic once daily if you have any, or else 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt once daily. Ideally, your vet would also prescribe some metronidazole for a week or so and see if that helps. If that does not help, then i would recommend sending a GI panel to University of Texas and then possibly doing a surgery with intestinal biopsies, as that would be the next step.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are not necessary, but are appreciated, as they go directly to me rather than to the website. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you bye