Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello, I'm Dr. Kara. I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.
I understand that you are concerned because Beau chewed on a bottle of Refresh Tears with the active ingredient sodium carboxymethylcellulose.
Did he also ingest the bottle or just chew on it and possibly ingest some of the liquid?
If he just ingested some of the liquid then I would not be concerned, this product is not toxic if ingested orally.
These are salt water based lubricating drops that are extremely safe, and have no effects on a dog when ingested orally.
If he ingested chunks of the bottle too then let me know and I can give you some suggestions to help with that.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****