Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

I have a almost 13 yr old pit who let her bowels loose and

Customer Question
Good morning JA: Hi. What do...
Good morning
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a almost 13 yr old pit bull who let her bowels loose and then payed down in the wet grass . I had to hoist her in the house. She has not moved since
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: It has been 9 hours. She also let go of bloody stool and has been on water pills for her heart for about 2 years
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jada
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jada?
Customer: She is on thyroid Ned's and methionine and dasuquin as well He gums are white and she won't drink.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She is a bit overweight but now also seems bloated. The last few minutes nrhs has had a lot of flatulence. If she is dying what can I do to make her more comfortable ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last few months. •. A lot of flatulence not minutes
10/29/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How much blood did she pass in her stools? A spoonful, more or less?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Any change in her breathing?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain? Does her belly seem fluidy like a water balloon?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She passed maybe 3 tablespoons of blood. He belly feels like a full water balloon. Gums white but not sticky no tensing when I press on her belly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I send a pic of her gums if I can?

Oh dear,

I am quite worried Jada even without a photo (which you are welcome to post if you wish).

The white gums and collapse are very serious and a sign of an emergency.

They could be caused by severe internal bleeding (ie spleen, stomach ulcer, or tumor rupture) but as it sounds like she may have a heart condition that too could cause these signs and distend the abdomen with fluid (clear as opposed to blood) too. And I'd note that the small volume of blood she passed likely was a sign of shock with circulatory compromise as opposed to a severe gut issue. In this case, it would be best to have her seen right now. If there is a bleed, then she needs to be let go but if this is her heart disease worsening there are medications that can be used to try to counter this and stabilize her.

In this situation, just in case you do wish to see an ER vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or https://www.veccs.org/facility-directory/

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian