PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My 35 lb golden doodle ate my 750 mg GABA about one hour ago

My 35 lb golden doodle ate my 750 mg GABA about one hour ago what should I do'?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sam he is 5 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sam?
Customer: He just had a soft sool

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) The medication you're discussing, is it gamma aminobutyric acid?
2) Did he consume anything else at the time of the GABA?
3) How is he feeling now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is. He is sleepy but otherwise seems ok

The dose that he consumed should not be toxic for his size. Dosages as high as 1000mg have been used in dogs his size without adverse effects. The sleepiness should wear off within the next 12-24 hours. If you find that other symptoms arise, let me know and I'll be happy to help. If the soft stool persists, add a few tsp of pure canned pumpkin to his diet at every meal.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I feel better and will try to prevent further ingestion of my nighttime supplements

Absolutely!