Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

She is not eating. Had some orange poop today. And seams to

Customer Question
She is not eating....
She is not eating. Had some orange poop today. And seams to have bumps all over
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ruby. Five
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruby?
Customer: She was at dog grooming on Friday and she is still drinking water
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog
10/18/2016
Dog Specialist: Dr. Peter, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How is Ruby doing since you posted the question?

2- Can you describe the appearance of the bumps or post a picture?

3- How long has she had the bumps?

4- Does she have diarrhea?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She has been sleepy. But still will come for a treat. Bumps are small seem to be all over. Like a allergic reaction. Between misquote bites and pimples. (In size). She also seems warm
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No diarrhea
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Soft stool. No liquid

1- Did the bumps come on quickly?

2- How much does she weigh?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure on bumps. She went to grommet Saturday morning and I didn't see her again until Sunday afternoon. She is 57 lbs. No pre existing . She has gone to groomer before and had a reaction but since has changed to a sensitive skin oatmeal bath with several baths since the switch.

Friend, I am sorry you are going through this with Ruby. In response to your question, if the bumps appear like welts you are right to suspect that she is having an allergic reaction either to something she came in contact or she ate. I would recommend you start her on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg 3 tablets (75mg) every 12 hours for the next 3-5 days. If she is not better by tomorrow I would have her checked by your family vet, she may need additional medication. You can buy benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Dog Veterinarian